Below you'll find National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) continuing education (CEU) content.
Jeff has been a NASM CEU Provider since 2013, and has presented seminars and workshops at every major health club chain in New York City, including Equinox and Crunch gyms, New York Sports Clubs, LA Fitness, Synergy, and several others.
NASM has approved:
Course #1: "The Medical Fitness Bible" for 1.0 CEUs (ten contact hours).
Course #2: "Concepts and Principles in Designing Assessments and Programs for Able-bodied Individuals," (instructional videos corresponding with Chapters 1 through 8 of The Medical Fitness Bible) for .4 CEUs (four contact hours).
Course #3: "Program Design Concepts and Guidelines for Medical Fitness Special Populations (instructional videos corresponding with Chapters 11 through 16 of The Medical Fitness Bible) for .4 CEUs (four contact hours).
These are separate courses, therefore, you do NOT have to purchase them together. Having said that, the instructional videos are designed to give clarity to the chapters in The Medical Fitness Bible, so they are closely linked, and best understood if purchased as a package.
Note: If you don't need the CEUs but are interested in the content, head to the Fitness Education page to make your purchase at the non-CEU rates.
Most certifying fitness organizations, including NASM, require 20 contact hours (2.0 CEUs) per reporting period, which is every two years. Purchasing the book and instructional videos will cover 1.8 of 2.0 CEUs - 90% of what you need for this reporting period.
You have 4 options:
1. Purchase Course #1 alone (The Medical Fitness Bible). Click on the corresponding link below and pay the fee for the course. After purchasing the course, email JYKinesiology@gmail.com for the exam questions.
2. Purchase Course #2 alone (Concepts and Principles in Designing Assessments and Programs for Able-bodied Individuals instructional video). Click on the corresponding link below and pay the fee for the course. After purchasing the course, email JYKinesiology@gmail.com for the exam questions.
3. Purchase Course #3 alone (Program Design for Concepts and Guidelines for Medical Fitness Special Populations instructional video). Click on the corresponding link below and pay the fee for the course. After purchasing the course, email JYKinesiology@gmail.com for the exam questions.
4. Purchase any combination of the above by adding them to the cart. Click on the corresponding links, pay the associated fees, and you will receive the exam questions for the courses you chose. After purchasing the courses, email MRFInstituteOrg@gmail.com for the exam questions.
You have until December 31, 2023 to turn in your answers to the exam questions to obtain your Certificate of Completion. A passing score of at least 70% is needed to pass each exam. Your answer key can be emailed to MRFInstituteOrg@gmail.com, and, upon passing, you will receive your Certificate of Completion via email within 5 business days.
These courses were created to help certified fitness professionals CLEARLY understand how to design clinically safe, progressive, principle-based programs for general (able-bodied) and special populations. They will guide you through each aspect of program design, including:
1. Understanding established exercise principles and how they relate to optimizing program design.
2. Performing the initial consultation.
3. Performing the initial assessments (trigger point, flexibility, aerobic, strength, movement).
4. Designing the programs for able-bodied individuals (trigger point, flexibility, aerobic, strength).
5. Designing programs for special populations (e.g., joint pain, osteopenia and osteoporosis, hypertension, type II diabetes, obesity, pulmonary conditions, cancer survivors, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis).
You're also welcome to set up 30-minute Zoom calls directly with Jeff to ask questions, once you have completed the courses.
Please email MRFInstituteOrg@gmail.com if you have any questions about the courses or the payment process.
Please note: since the content available for purchase on this website is downloadable, digital content, there are NO refunds for any purchases.