"Where medicine and fitness are heading."
A one-stop-shop for all your medical fitness needs.
To Purchase The Medical Fitness Bible and corresponding videos head over to the Fitness Education page. For information on purchasing the book or videos for CEUs (up to 1.8 CEUs), head to the CEU Content page.
Below is a current, principle-based instructional video on exercise programming (strength and cardiovascular training) for individuals suffering from Long Covid. Within this 26-minute video you'll find:
• An overview of what Long Covid is.
• Common signs and symptoms.
• Medical screening and clearance – purpose, importance, and “What happens if the person isn’t able to get in to see their doctor?”.
• Post-exertional/exercise symptoms.
• Concepts and guidelines for gathering the pertinent information during the initial consultation.
• Why resistance training should be considered as the primary mode of exercise, at least initially.
• Resistance training: initial program design and clinically safe progression guidelines.
• Warm-up considerations.
• Clinical “special considerations” that must be inserted into program.
• Cardiovascular training: how to determine clinically safe start points and progression guidelines.